DCDayTripper

Sunday, April 06, 2014

6 April 2014 ~ Tas

Listening to: St Paul and the Broken Bones ~ Broken Bones and Pocket Change


I went out with my old teammates for dinner while in London. Here they are after a pint while we waited for a dinner table across the street.


We went out for Turkish at Tas.


 They had a group menu deal so we got all of the mezes (appetizers) listed here.


Then we also got to select a main course from this list. I ate the chicken kebabs.


The restaurant was nicely decorated and included Whirling Dervish pictures. I saw them perform once in Washington DC.


I read the book "Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die: Musings from the Road" by Willie Nelson. A simple read, but entertaining. One of my favorite quotes: "Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results."

And my favorite Joke for Drunks: A drunk went into the bar and asked another drunk what time it was. The first drunk looked at his watch and said "It's thirteen o'clock". The second drunk said, "Let's get out of here! It's later than it's ever been!"

Probably not funny unless you use military time like I do on my clocks.