DCDayTripper

Saturday, January 21, 2012

22 Jan 2012 ~ Lunar New Year Fair ~ Part 2

Listening to: Willie Nelson ~ Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain

I setup a YouTube page, so I can now upload videos there. To join me in my walk through the fair, please use this link. Please forgive the sound quality, the parts that are out of focus and the close-ups of the back of someones head. (It's about 10 minutes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT_eC8X2Z7I

The other highlight of the Fair is the Flower Market. Buying flowers for the home symbolizes the coming of spring and a new beginning.



I ended up buying an orchid and tried to take a picture of myself in the market - hence the funny smile/smirk I have on my face. [Note, I bought new glasses with transition lenses.]


The orchid made it home safely on the metro and alongside my Dragon decoration I am prepared for New Beginnings in the year of my Dragon sign.