DCDayTripper

Sunday, January 29, 2012

29 Jan 2012 ~ Parade ~ Part I ~Waiting

Listening to: Barna Howard ~ Promise I Won't Laugh
The parade was held on the evening of Monday 23 January.

The weather was cool, with only a slight mist before it started, but we were fortunate to not have rain during the parade itself.

My coworker and I went out for a quick dinner. I had spaghetti carbonara and we split a nice bottle of wine. We wanted to get a bottle of wine for the parade itself, but all the roads were blocked off, so we thought our 15 minute search was futile...but then...just as we were about to enter...a sign beckoned....Wine & Deli. Yeah. They sold bottles. It was a funny deli, and we got to meet the Italian parade participants who were also enjoying lots of wine.

Along with my Workday coworker,


2 team members from our customer also went with us.


Here are the decorations all lit up at the clock tower (remember...these were what I posted from the morning I waited in line for the tickets.)

And some cool night shots of Hong Kong Island.






The wine kept us warm.


Next up...parade performers...