DCDayTripper

Thursday, April 12, 2012

12 April 2012 ~ The Little Kitchen

Listening to: Mazzy Star ~ I'm Sailin' (She Hangs Brightly)


Happy Birthday! I think this little guy is 2 today, but I don't have any recent pictures.


After I got to my hotel, it started pouring down rain. So, decided to take a nap. Great way to start vacations (I had the same opportunity in Taipei).

My co-worker actually warned me about going as there was a mild typhoon heading that direction, but except for that short rain, the weather was great.

After my nap I was hungry, so decided to venture out and see the nearby Hang Be Market, and find some lunch.

This is a typical scene.


Here's a video I took while walking on the market streets.

http://youtu.be/dv8LtPPHvR8

Interesting temple, and amazed by the criss-cross of wires everywhere.



I found a plaza and The Little Kitchen to have lunch. Here's the address and phone number if you find yourself in the neighborhood


I ordered "beef loc lac" - which is beef (duh), onions, green peppers, tomatoes and pineapple. Delicious!




And this was the organized street chaos I got to enjoy during lunch. There really are no traffic rules.

http://youtu.be/0Nwix8qwgcg

I felt like I was dropped into a beehive, but the bees were scooters and the buzzing was the honking of horns.