DCDayTripper

Sunday, April 01, 2012

1 Apr 2012 ~ Ship of Fools

Listening to: Lee Perry ~ Soul Fire

!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

 

I liked this advertisement from Dead.net. Here's to all you Fools out there.
In Scotland, April Fool's Day is devoted to spoofs involving the buttocks and as such is called Taily Day. The "butts" of these jokes are known as April "Gowk", another name for cuckoo bird. The origins of the "Kick Me" sign can be traced to the Scottish observance.

Anyway, that is the "teacher" said last night at my final Whisky Appreciation class, which was all about the cask and how it changed the flavor. We tasted four Scottish Glenmorangie varietals:


1. Original - 10 years in American Bourbon oak barrel

2. Lasanta - Original + 2 years in Oloroso Sherry Butts (interesting theme here with the "butts" - it's a 500 ltr barrel)

3. Quinta Ruban - Original + 2 years in Ruby Port Pipes (650 ltr barrels)

4. Nectar D'Or - Original + 2 years in Sauternes Barriques (225 ltr barrels) - Sauternes is a wine varity made of 3 different grapes from the Bordeaux region. (I have not tried this before, probably as it was described as being on the sweet side.)

I finally, after months of talking about it, made the trek to Sai Wan Village for the Kayaking Meet-up Group. And what a trek it is!

However, I just ran out of Google Space to store pictures and it will take 24 hours for my new storage space to be available. Sigh....So it took me 196 posts to use up my free allotment.