DCDayTripper

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

3 Apr 2012 ~ Sai Wan Kayaking

Listening to: M.I.A. ~ Bad Girls


Back to my day trip trek to Sai Wan Beach for kayaking this past Sunday.

I left my flat at 10:30, walked to the Central MTR, took that to North Point to transfer to the Hang Hau station. Total cost 9.70 HK$ ($1.25 US). Total time = 50 min.


From there I caught the 101M mini-bus to Sai Kung. Total cost 7.9 HK$ ($1.01 US). Total time = 30 min.



From there I thought I could catch the 29R village bus, but the last one left at 11:30, so I had to take a green taxi, which are allowed access into the county park to be dropped off at this pagoda




I actually was fortunate to split the taxi ride with a Brit, who is in Hong Kong for work for 3 weeks. He is married to a Finnish woman, and has traveled to Kazakhstan twice this year already. He was quite surprised to learn I had studied there. Total cost 84 HK$ ($10.81 US ) so my share was half that. Total time = 20 min.

From there it's 30 minute hike into Sai Wan Village.

With great views.

There is a couple restaurants.


Got to kayak, which was fun.


But because of the time it took, I have dis-enrolled from the meet-up group.