DCDayTripper

Saturday, April 12, 2014

12 April 2014 ~ Beaverfest

Listening to: Little Big Town ~ Pontoon

I came to Beaver Dam, WI, my hometown, for the weekend. My Dad wanted to take me out to dinner for my birthday this month. Today is my great-nephew's 4th birthday party.

I don't have any pictures today, but thought I would share from the Urban Dictionary, one of several meanings of Beaverfest (and the only one viewable my all age groups).

(bee-ver-fest)–noun
1. An annual celebration once held in Beaver Dam, WI, over Memorial Day weekend where softball teams drank heavily and bands played songs like "Radar Love" and "Keep Your Hands to Yourself." The event's name was changed subsequent to a story in Hustler Magazine where pictures of the Beaver Motel and a sign outside of Beaver Dam which read "Home of 15,000 Busy Beavers."

Beavercdam was held at the park just at the corner of my house street so we got to walk there. And we got to watch the carnies setting up the carnival rides and games.

This is an image of my High School mascot.