DCDayTripper

Thursday, November 24, 2011

24 Nov 2011 ~ Lots to be Thankful For....

Listening to: Rolling Stones ~ Happy

Happy Happy Thanksgiving...

I am healthy, I have family and friends that love me, I am employed, I get to experience something new everyday...AND I have terabytes of music to listen to...I am Happy and Thankful.
All of the Workday HK office (including our 3 newest employees to double our office size) went out tonight in the Stanley district to a restaurant called Spiaggia for a traditional thanksgiving dinner...although I worked today and will tomorrow. The chef was very attentive.

The table was set with our welcoming plate of plenty of various nuts and mandarin oranges, which in Chinese are a sign of good fortune.
We also had an appetizer of vegetable lollipops.
To keep us occupied between courses, we were able to watch the Oregon Birds vs. Nebraska, much to the delight of my colleagues formerly from Bend, Oregon. (BTW...the NBA sucks. and I'm glad for every player that got to play in Europe instead.)


First course...squash/mushroom soup, with a side of pumpkin seeds and a cherry. The red flowers on the side were not edible.

Second course....Turkey with gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, variety of roasted vegetables.

Third course...pumpkin pie.


 Here is the team (and family members) from both ends of the table.


We also celebrated with a  bottle of champagne the signing of our first HK deal which the restaurant proudly displayed.

Have a great holiday everyone!!!